The relationship we build with our clients is the key to achieving great outcomes. It is important to us that we get to know you and your business, and we need to understand what you want to achieve and where you want to be in the future. This knowledge helps us to help you achieve your goals.
Halpin Partners is one of northern Queensland’s largest independent accounting businesses and is known as an employer of choice. With offices in Cairns and Innisfail, we service over 800 clients, businesses and entities throughout Australia and PNG. Our focus is on providing high quality value-added services and compliance activities for our clients
We are seeking a Senior Accountant / Manager to complement our business services teams, assisting in the development of other accountants and graduates with whom you work.
You will be responsible for but not limited to:
• The preparation and review of financial statements and tax returns for a wide range of entities/businesses
• Responsibility for a group of clients and liaising with them as required
• Reporting to the principal on a number of client assignments
• Ensuring compliance for Income tax, GST and FBT
• Taxation and business advisory opportunities
• Supervision and mentoring of graduate accountants
• Working closely with the Manager to ensure budgets are adhered to
• Liaising with clients on a regular basis.
To be successful in this role, it is envisaged that you will have:
• A minimum 5 years’ experience in an Australian accounting firm, specifically in tax and business services.
• CA or CPA completed.
• High level of technical expertise and attention to detail
• Fluent proficiency in verbal and written English
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• An ambitious desire to succeed and grow with the firm
• Sound working knowledge of SME accounting tools such as MYOB, QuickBooks and Xero
What's on Offer
A generous salary package will be negotiated for the right candidate.
You should apply for this role by emailing your resume and cover letter to hrhalpinpartners.comau or call Paul Furse for a confidential discussion regarding further details of this role on 0407 787 406. All applications will be treated in confidence.
Once your application is submitted you will receive an email notifying you that the application has been received, along with details of the information submitted. Your application will then be processed.