Earlier this week, the Queensland State Government announced a $10,000 grant program to assist Queensland small businesses. The total program is $100m and will help approximately 10,000 small businesses. To be eligible, businesses need to meet the following criteria:
- Be able to demonstrate a significant impact on their business from COVID-19.
- Have less than 20 staff and payroll expenses of less than $1.3m.
- Have turnover in excess of $75k per annum.
The Grant amount of up to $10,000 can be used towards:
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification.
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification.
- building the business through marketing and communications activities, for example, content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- digital/technological strategy development.
- digital training or re-training to adapt to new business models.
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 SAFE requirements.
- specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering).
- meeting business costs, including utilities, rent.
The Government has announced that grants will be processed quickly, so businesses are able to access support as soon as possible.
There has been significant interest in this grant program and is expected to be fully subscribed within the next week. More details can be found at the following link.
If you would like to find out more about the grant, please contact Darren, Shaun or one of our team.