Halpin Partners is one of northern Queensland’s largest independent accounting businesses. We have offices in Cairns and Innisfail and service over 800 clients, businesses and entities throughout Queensland and PNG. Our focus is on providing high quality value-added services and compliance activities for our clients.
We are a family friendly environment and we pride ourselves on our open and collaborative culture which ensures our team looks forward to coming to work and being an important part of a successful and innovative firm. Halpin Partners is known as an employer of choice. We are a technology savvy practice with a core commitment to continuing professional development, team training and a culture of a solutions based approach to client needs and outcomes.
The Role on Offer
We are seeking a Tax Accountant to complement our business services teams.
You will be responsible for but not limited to:
- The preparation and review of financial statements and tax returns for a wide range of entities/businesses
- Responsibility for a group of clients and liaising with them as required
- Reporting to the principal on a number of client assignments
- Ensuring compliance for Income tax, GST and FBT
- Taxation and business advisory opportunities
- Working closely with the Manager to ensure budgets are adhered to
- Liaising with clients on a regular basis.
What we would like from you
We think you’ll be a high achiever with talent, looking for something more than a boring job in corporate and wanting to work with the best team in town.
To be successful in this role, it is envisaged that you will have:
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in an Australian accounting firm, specifically in tax and business services.
- High level of technical expertise and attention to detail
- Fluent proficiency in verbal and written English
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- An ambitious desire to succeed and grow with the firm
- Sound working knowledge of SME accounting tools such as MYOB and Xero
What’s on Offer
A generous salary package will be negotiated for the right candidate which will include 6 weeks paid annual leave. We recognise and reward performance and invest in ongoing professional development of our team, providing a challenging and stimulating office environment with interesting work assignments across a diverse range of industries.
How to Apply
If you are looking to take your career to the next level, want to work with exciting and growing clients and want to enjoy your work, you should apply for this role by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or call Noelle Halpin for a confidential discussion regarding further details of this role on 07 4052 0832. All applications will be treated in confidence.